Private Data Policy
Introlinx is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
We may provide you additional privacy information to this Policy via supplements and other notices. If there is a difference between such notices and this Policy, the notices should be considered first.
- What Personal Data does Introlinx collect?
Introlinx collects Personal Data directly from you as well as from other available sources to the extent relevant and permitted by applicable local law. Introlinx endeavors only to collect Personal Data that are necessary for the purpose(s) for which they are collected and to retain such data for no longer than necessary for such purpose(s). Subject to applicable local law and practice, the categories of Personal Data that are typically collected and processed in the recruitment context are:
- Information you provide: you may be asked to provide Introlinx with your information, such as
- your name, street address, telephone number and email address and other contact details;
- your competences, skills, experience and education, e.g. your CV or resume, previous employments, educational details and qualifications, third party references;
- your preferences, e.g. preferred States of employment, areas of interest as well as your preferred ways to be contacted by Introlinx); as well as
- Technical Information: When you access our services online, our web servers automatically create records of your visit. These records typically include IP-address, access times, the sites linked from, pages visited, the links and features used, the content viewed or requested, browser or application type, language and other such information. When you use our services or otherwise interact with us over telecommunications networks, certain additional information, such as your mobile subscription number, may be transmitted to Introlinx by the telecommunications operator as a standard part of that communication.
- Depending on the location of the position, you may be offered the opportunity to provide diversity data such as race, gender, and veteran status. Provision of this diversity data is optional, and no employment decision will be made on the basis of this data.
- Other information, such as information found from public sources as well as information related to credit or background checks, depending on the position you are applying for, and where necessary for the recruitment activities.
- What will Introlinx do with your Personal Data?
Introlinx will collect, use, store and otherwise process your Personal Data for the purposes of Introlinx’s recruitment or resourcing activities. Additionally, your Personal Data may be processed for other purposes you have consented to, or in cases where another legal basis applies or where we are legally allowed to do so. Whenever necessary and subject to statutory record-keeping requirements, Introlinx will delete and/or anonymize Personal Data that are no longer needed. If there has not been any recent activity on your profile, we may delete your profile after a reasonable time in compliance with applicable laws. Otherwise we will maintain your profile as long as you retain it actively in our systems for you to be able to apply for available positions which may become available to you from time-to-time.
Introlinx will process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you, in context of recruitment activities, such as:
- To obtain additional information where necessary;
- To inform you of available vacancies;
- To provide you with information relating to your application and to fulfill your requests.
- Managing recruitment and resourcing activities, including activities related to organizational planning. In the course of recruitment activities, we may use your information:
- To set up and conduct interviews and assessments;
- To evaluate, select and hire applicants;
- To conduct background and credit checks and assessments as required or permitted by applicable local law;
- To contact third party references provided by you to evaluate your previous performances;
- Or as otherwise necessary in context of recruitment activities.
- Development of services:
- We may use your Personal Data to develop and improve our recruitment processes, websites and other related services. Where feasible, we use aggregated anonymous information in context of the development activities.
- Legal and regulatory compliance, including obtaining and releasing Personal Data as required by law, judicial organizations or practice in order to comply with legal obligations imposed on us.
Introlinx processes your Personal Data pursuant to several legal bases, depending on the type of data and purpose of the processing. Under most circumstances, Introlinx’s processing of your Personal Data in the recruitment context is based on your request in the anticipation of entering into an employment agreement with Introlinx. Introlinx will also process this information where required to comply with legal obligations to which it is subject, such as governmental reporting obligations. In some circumstances, Introlinx will process your Personal Data pursuant to its own legitimate interests in operating its business, including conducting the above described activities for internal administrative purposes and ensuring network and information security. A different legal basis may be provided at the point where Personal Data is collected.
- How is Sensitive Information treated?
Introlinx aims to limit the collection of Sensitive Information[*] and shall only collect Sensitive Information if there is a legal justification for processing it, or if it is collected and processed with your express consent.
Introlinx recognizes the additional need to protect Sensitive Information. All Sensitive Information is processed in strict compliance with applicable local law and only by a restricted number of individuals who have a clear and justified need to know such information.
Sensitive Information may be processed where necessary to enable Introlinx to exercise its legal rights or perform its legal obligations in the field of employment law or related fields of law. Examples of such obligations include ensuring the health and safety of Introlinx’s employees through the provision of a safe working environment or where the processing is carried out by a doctor or similar health professional bound by a duty of confidentiality to you and is necessary for medical purposes.
- Who has access to your data?
It is Introlinx’s responsibility to implement appropriate access control measures to ensure that your Personal Data is only accessed by persons having a clear need to know such information.
The extent to which your Personal Data are made accessible will depend upon the nature of the data concerned. Prior to hire, your Personal Data is not made widely available. Some Personal Data, such as your resume, job history, and other information relevant to assessing your fitness for the position to which you have applied, are made available as needed to the Introlinx team you are seeking to join, others within Introlinx with a stake in the applied for role, and appropriate members of the Introlinx Human Resources Department. Except as needed to assess your qualifications for the role, access to most of your Personal Data is restricted to certain experts (e.g. Human Resources, IT or Legal) to the extent necessary to perform their work tasks.
- Transfer of your Personal Data
Introlinx will not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your Personal Data except as provided in this section:
- Consent: Introlinx may share your Personal Data if you have given your consent for Introlinx to do so.
- Introlinx companies and authorized third parties: Introlinx may share your Personal Data with authorized third parties who process Personal Data for Introlinx for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise provide recruitment related services to Introlinx. In such cases Introlinx will ensure that there is a genuine need to transfer your Personal Data and that measures are in place to safeguard the processing of your Personal Data through other Introlinx authorized third parties.
Authorized third parties include, for example, professional advisors, external legal counsel, consumer credit reporting agencies, recruiting systems providers, providers of assessments and other third-party suppliers.
Authorized third parties may technically have access to your Personal Data in the course of providing their services but will be contractually restricted (or subject to a professional or statutory duty of confidentiality) from processing your Personal Data for other purposes. Introlinx also requires them to act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data.
- Mandatory disclosures: Introlinx may be required by or under mandatory law to disclose your Personal Data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to government agencies responsible for the employment activities, statistical information or to the police or other law enforcement agencies, for example in context of conducting a background check.
Other: Introlinx may disclose your personal data if it is necessary to protect your vital interests. Introlinx may also disclose and otherwise process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law to defend Introlinx’s legitimate interests, for example, in legal proceedings.
- What steps are taken to safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations for Introlinx. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our data bases containing Personal Data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
- Data quality
We take reasonable steps to keep the Personal Data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary Personal Data.
- Your rights
With respect to the processing of your Personal Data, you will always have the rights as provided by applicable local law. In addition, this Policy provides you with the following rights:
- Right to access: You are entitled to be informed of what Personal Data Introlinx holds about you, the purposes for which they are being processed and categories of recipients to whom they are being or may be disclosed. There may be certain categories of information prescribed by applicable local law that Introlinx may lawfully withhold. If Introlinx declines to provide access to any of the Personal Data you request, you will be provided with the reasons for such a decision.
- Right to request correction and deletion: Subject to applicable local law, you may be entitled to request Introlinx to rectify, delete or block (as appropriate) your Personal Data that is incorrect, incomplete or unnecessary.
- Right to data portability: Subject to applicable local law, you may be entitled to receive a copy of certain Personal Data in a commonly used machine-readable format.
- Right to object: You may object to Introlinx’s processing of your Personal Data on compelling, legitimate grounds relating to your circumstances. Despite your objections, Introlinx may be required or permitted by law to process your Personal Data.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to require Introlinx to restrict its processing of your Personal Data (1) during verification of whether your right to object applies; (2) if you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data, for the period enabling Introlinx to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data; (3) if Introlinx’s processing is unlawful; and (4) Introlinx no longer needs your Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but you wish Introlinx to retain the data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. During the restricted processing period, Introlinx will only process the Personal Data for storage purposes, with your consent, for the establishment, defense or exercise of legal claims, or other purposes permitted by law.
- Remedies in case of a violation: You are entitled to all rights and remedies provided by local applicable law. Generally, you should seek redress in respect of a violation of this Policy from the Introlinx company which originally collected the relevant Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where the data processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of that consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on that consent prior to its withdrawal.
In case you revoke your consent or object to certain processing activities or delete your profile completely, Introlinx may be unable to continue the recruitment process with you.
- Whom to contact?
Introlinx is the controller of your Personal Data. If you have any queries about your Personal Data, contact primarily the relevant recruiting personnel through provided contacts or channels.
If you want to exercise your rights as described in the previous section of this Policy, you may make a request in writing through provided contacts or channels.
Introlinx may need to identify you and to ask for additional information to be able to fulfill your request. Introlinx will fulfill your request within the timeframes required by applicable local law or, in the absence of such timeframes, within a reasonable time.
Such queries and concerns may be made or reported in writing to the below address:
Introlinx C/O Legal dept
201 Spear Street, Suite 1100
San Francisco, CA 94105
- Changes to this Policy
Introlinx may from time to time change this Policy or change, modify or withdraw access to this site at any time with or without notice. However, if this Policy is changed in a material, adverse way, Introlinx will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Policy and on this site's home page for 30 days. We recommend that you re-visit this Policy from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Policy.
* “Sensitive Information” means special categories of Personal Data as defined under applicable laws that may be processed only when there is a legal justification (e.g. authorized by law in the field of employment) or with the individual’s consent. Such special categories include but are not limited to Personal Data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, or data which concerns their health or sex life or sexual orientation